The legislation that regulates electrical work and workers in Manitoba changed as of January 1, 2006. All electrical workers in Industry are required to be licensed. The changes that were made to the Electricians License Act E50 were made specifically to address the issue of public safety, which ensures that every electrical worker is trained to a safe standard.
The Office of the Fire Commissioner — Mechanical & Engineering Branch, in co-operation with CTTAM, has developed a limited license category specifically for Technicians and Technologists who are certified CTTAM members.
This license is available to qualified CTTAM members in the following disciplines:
A “M-T Limited License” holder is permitted to:
- Install/work on electrical equipment excluding building wiring
- Perform modification, maintenance, condition assessment, repair, manufacture, commission, configuration, program, calibrate, test, and assemble equipment in accordance with CTTAM Code of Ethics as recommended by CTTAM.
Documentation, forms and course registration
- CTTAM M-T Limited License Application Form (PDF file)
- The Provincial Government Application Form (PDF file)
- The Provincial Government Self Declaration of Work Form (Use only when applicant was working in contravention of the Electrician’s License Act performing electrical work without a license and unsupervised by a valid license holder) (PDF file)
- The Provincial Government Employee Verification of Experience Form (Use only if applicant can provide a supervisor who is a valid license holder) (PDF file)
- Work History Template (PDF file)
- Work History Template “Sample” (PDF file)
- Online Electrical Safety Training Program (Mandatory). (Link to Safety Program Course)
- Affidavit for M-1 License Eligibility (To be used only if applying for the M-1 class license. The M-1 class requires a minimum of 7,500 hours. (PDF file)
- M-T Limited License Reclassification Form (Use only if applying to change your current class of M License) (PDF file)
Licence classifications (PDF files)
Office of the Manitoba Fire Commissioner — Electrician Licenses November 2022 news bulletin (PDF file)
Office of the Manitoba Fire Commissioner – Journeyperson Licenses and Limited Specialized Trade Electrical Licenses (PDF file)