Annual Dues and Fees Schedule 2023 (PDF file format)
The value of your CTTAM membership
CTTAM is the professional organization for technologists and technicians in Manitoba, Canada. We support the recognition of engineering technologists and technicians by advancing the practice of engineering technology and applied sciences across the province. Our primary purpose is the certification and regulation of our members.
Membership in CTTAM provides our member professionals with the additional information and resources they need in order to not only excel in today’s competitive working environments, but to grow their professional network and to prosper in their careers.
As a CTTAM member, you will:
- Be able to use one of two titles — Certified Technician (C.Tech.) or Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.). These designations are recognized by industry and employers and indicate that you are a member of a respected and professional association.
- Gain a competitive employment edge as numerous organizations require CTTAM certification as a job placement or an upgrade requirement.
- Be informed on leading industry practices by attending CTTAM sponsored professional development and network events (at discounted member prices or in some instances free for members), with attendance on most courses applied against Continuing Personal Development (CPD) credits.
- Have the opportunity to learn from leaders in your profession through our mentor programs (mentoring time can be credited towards your required CPD).
- Stay informed of job opportunities in your profession through our job opportunity postings.
- Make an impact on students and other professionals by sharing your work experiences, expertise and views as a CTTAM volunteer (time spent as a volunteer can be credited towards your required CPD).
- Have a say in association elections, hold office and participate on CTTAM’s committees.
- Benefit from discounts on different services provided by industry partners.
- Have access to the Canadian Technical Employment Network (CTEN) job bank.
Our membership community
CTTAM sets membership dues at rates which will provide members optimal value for services while allowing for a small contingency fund. In 2020, certified member dues increased by $25 to $200. This is the first increase to membership dues in five years. Manitoba still has one of the lowest dues when compared to other associations across Canada, as shown in the following chart.