Worldskills International would like to share an exciting opportunity for the young people and industry experts from your networks to apply for the LKDF Forum 2021 Hackathon on September 23 & 24, 2021.
Worldskills International has partnered with the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the European Training Foundation (ETF) to run an online hackathon that focuses on solutions that can help make the supply chain management in agri-business more sustainable.
The Hackathon is looking for both young professionals (under 30 years old) and industry experts with the following qualifications and backgrounds to apply:
- Young professionals who have skills and experiences in Web Technologies, Graphic Design, App Development, Game Development, Marketing and Communications, or have vocational training backgrounds that are related to the “green industry” (e.g. water management, renewable energy).
- Industry experts who are from vocational training institutions or representatives from companies that are going through green transition and have a track record of their sustainability achievements. The industry experts will act as mentors and be fully integrated into the teams.
A total of 20 young professionals and 10 industry experts will be selected to form 5 teams that will compete at the Hackathon. Please note that the selection of the participants will be made based on applications from the networks from WSI, UNIDO, and ETF. While this will ensure a wide range of diversity and backgrounds of the applicants, it will be a competitive selection process.
The team that develops the best solution will receive EUR 4,000 cash prize, the second best will receive EUR 2,500 cash prize, and the third winner will receive EUR 1,000 cash prize.
Apply now by following this link before the applications close on 12 September 2021.
The overall event schedule is as follows (the exact times will be announced later based on the geographic locations of the selected participants):
- Day 1: 20 September: Kick-off (one hour briefing) and online ideation (two-hour co-creation)
- Day 2: 23 September: Hackathon part I (eight hours)
- Day 3: 24 September: Hackathon part II (four hours) followed by a live demo and an award ceremony
Grace Lung, Senior Manager of Partnership Programmers at WorldSkills International
Email: [email protected].